Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yeast Rolls

This is such a versatile recipe. I use it to make my knot rolls and I made some out-of-this-world caramel rolls the other night.

Yeast Rolls

2 pkgs dry yeast
1/3 cp sugar
2 cps warm water
2/3 cup cooking oil
5 1/2 cups self-rising flour

Whisk yeast and sugar until combined. Dissolve yeast in water and stir well. Add oil, sugar/yeast mixture and flour. Stir well and shape or roll out dough. Bake 425 for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter and serve. Yummy!

For caramel rolls I heat 2 lbs brown sugar and just enough milk to make it thick until bubbly. Pour into well buttered or Pam'd pan and sprinkle with walnuts or pecans. Then I shape the dough into knots and roll heavily into cinnamon sugar. Place rolls onto sugar mixture and sprinkle with any left over cinnamon sugar and bake. When the rolls are done, invert and serve. This recipe fills my half-sheet cake pan full, so adjust accordingly. For roughly a 9x13 pan cut the ingredients by half.

~ame

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home