Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy birthday to me!


What do Les Paul, Johnny Depp, Michael J. Fox, Natalie Portman and I all have in common?


Is it our stunning looks?


Is it our abundant talent in our specialized field?


No my friends, we all share the same birthday: June 9th. I am in good company.


Yeti and I, Valdosta, Georgia 1967


Doesn't that stroller look like a shopping cart? This is where I began to be a backseat driver. Look at the way my little legs are splayed out, trying to hit an imaginery brake pedal. But I am digressing again...

It is my birthday today and I am 43. As I look back on my life: I have had my share of ups and downs, my share of being disappointed and (as it was so eloquently pointed out to me) apparently being a huge disappointment to some others.

Upon reflection though, I am blessed. I have a beautiful, smart and intelligent pool of spawn who have also had their shares of ups and downs but I wouldn't trade any of them. I have the most loving and giving husband in the world who treats me so much better than I deserve. My life in it's own little way is perfect for me and for that I am grateful.



My one birthday wish, you ask? To have my Mom here tonight for cake. I know, it isn't asking for much.

~ame

4 comments:

Happy Birthday!!!

Matt & Martha

I called, but no answer :(

I did leave a song on your cell phone message thingy though!


-Matt

Aww thanks - phone was in the living room and I was in the bed sick as a dog :|

oh, mom was probably there but passed on the cake because you might have put onions in it!


-Matt

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home