Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The recipe: Spaghetti Salad

I'm reposting this much beloved recipe for Works for Me Wednesday's Favorite Summer Recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!


I love this staple summer recipe. Not that you can tell by this picture but this salad is so pretty and yummy be sure to try it out, which you can tell my family apparently did and forgot to leave me enough for a good picture for the blog. They are so unblogsupportive that way!


Spaghetti Salad



Recipe according to the picture:
6 cooked spaghetti noodles
11 slices of cucumber
no onions because I forgot them and the kids pick them out anyways
8 tomato chunklets
1/2 a sliced black olive

Don't you hate when they don't even leave a serving in the bowl?

Argh! Anywho - on to the real recipe:




1 lb cooked spaghetti


1 bottle of Italian salad dressing


1/2 bottle of Salad Supreme* seasoning


1/2 purple onion, chopped


2 cucumbers, chopped


1 tomato, chopped


handful of black olives, chopped and optional

In a large bowl mix all ingredients and chill in fridge. The longer this sets, the better the flavors marry. I would recommend overnight, if you can stand it. Also a few programming notes: you can use the light and fat free dressings but it won't be as good. Trust me on this one. Go whole hog and use the regular dressing. Your taste buds will thank me. And finally, you can pretty much throw in anything you want: salami, pepperoni chunks, zukes, you name it.



*If you can't find Salad Supreme in your grocery store, there is a nifty recipe here.


~ame

3 comments:

None left for us to salivate over! You've got some greedy gremlins in your house!

I love a yummy pasta salad. I've never heard of salad supreme. I'm off to look at that recipe.

Oooh, it's like a pasta primavera! I admit I honestly thought the first recipe was real--like for one person? Then I thought, who eats 6 pieces of spaghetti?
Think I'll have to make this (the real one) next week, especially if we hit 100 degrees again.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home