Thursday, October 29, 2009

No recipe today...

Did you see the news about the Virginia Tech student missing after a Metallica concert? I watched an interview with her parents and something struck me. The mother was asked what the last thing she said to her daughter and what was the last thing the missing girl said to her mother. The mother responded with something about them saying they loved each other.

And that got me to thinking.

What was the last thing I said to Simba and what was the last thing she said to me? Isn't it funny how some people are content to let angry words linger on and on?

I haven't physically seen or spoken to Simba since Tobey asked her to leave on August 10th. The last words?

Mrs. Oh: Sometimes being a parent means you have to do things that aren't easy and this (asking her to leave) is not easy for us.

Simba: This is exactly what you wanted.

Or something to that effect.

I hope Matt Lauer never has to interview me on the last discussion I had with Simba. For her sake, not mine.

~ame

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home