Monday, December 7, 2009

Jack Frost nipping at your....tree? And a recipe!

I thought I would share my most favorite Christmas ornament with you today. Mom bought this one for me back in 1983 from the Hallmark store in the then new Valdosta Mall. I cherish it for so many reasons: because she bought it for me and because it is so dang cute.

This is one of those ornaments that I keep separate from all the others because I am so afraid it is going to get broken. One of the downsides of having the girls put all the ornaments up this year was my inability to find this ornament and a few others that I treasure. But I persevered and moved Old Jack to a more prominant place. Now if I could only find Aunt Ro's ornament...



And isn't it a kick in the pants that the spacing is all wonky? What do you expect from a former webmaster? Anywho - if you love Jack as much as I do they have some available on Ebay. I wouldn't go for the guy who is trying to sell him for $75 though. What a rip but then again, I wouldn't take $1,000 for it either.



And since I have been so lazy about my Christmas cookie book (it is done but I am not happy with the layout) I have decided to randomly pop in a few recipes here and there. Today we have Chocolate Peanut Butter Drop cookies. Yummy! Oh. And that picture up there. It isn't mine. I stole it from some where. Source credited!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Drop Cookies
2 cups sugar
½ cup milk
3 tbps. Cocoa powder
½ cup butter
½ cup peanut butter
3 cups Quick Oats

In sauce pan: whisk together sugar, cocoa and milk until smooth. Cube butter and add to sugar mixture and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 ½ minutes. Take pan off heat. Add peanut butter and stir until smooth. Add oats and stir until combined. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on waxed paper or foil lined cookie sheet. Once cool: eat by the handfulls!

~ame



0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home