Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rotel Sausage Dip

Miss Letha brings this dip to work every time we have an office party. And that is a good thing. The bad thing about this one is that I have a tendency to crave it. All the time. Like now. And me with no ding-dang Rotel in the house...

Sausage Dip

4 Cans of Rotel tomaters: 1 hot, 2 regular amd 1 mild flavored
3 Jimmy Dean sausages - don't skimp or substitute or you will be very sorry - 1 hot and 2 regular flavors
3 packages of cream cheese - cubed

Fry and ground up the sausage and drain once it is done cooking. Place the sausage back in the pan and add in the cream cheese and all of the Rotel. Cook over medium low heat until things get all nice and gooey. Once done, bring over to my house - with tortilla scoop chips. This last step is a necessary evil. I need to make sure you made it right - I can't have you going off and serving something horrible to your friends and family. No need to thank me - that is just the kind of friend I am to you.

The great thing about this dip is once it is done you can toss it in the crock pot and go. Not that mine ever lasts long enough to actually make it to the crock pot - but you can try!

~ame

2 comments:

I want that right now! My saliva buds went into overdrive when reading that one. Dear me. I'm not a big sausage girl and yesterday I had some hankering for sausage, Chicago style. So I sauteed onions and peppers and we had sausage sandwiches for dinner. I'm still thinking sausage, so this is killing me, this recipe!

So, what did that person above me say? Just wondering?

Eh gads - I think they said this dip was better than sex...

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home