Sunday, July 31, 2011

Limoncello Sunday

Buttercup loves the Limoncello Bread Pudding from Carrabba's and I do too. She asked Frodo to make her some so I pulled up a recipe from the Orlando Sentinel and we went to work. I always use croissants when I make any bread pudding and Frodo decided to use both croissants and french bread.

And this was yumdillicious! The only thing I would change is that I don't think it was as lemony as Carrabba's, so I would add in some lemon zest next time we make it. Be sure to try this one out - it is fairly simple to put together and worth the purchase of a bottle of limoncello.

Limoncello Bread Pudding

3/4 cup heavy cream

3/4 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup limoncello

7 large eggs

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2 quarts cubed stale bread

1/4 cup each: granulated sugar and limoncello or lemon juice

1. Put bread in 9-by-9-by-2-inch pan or a 2-quart baking dish. Whisk cream, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and limoncello. Pour over bread. Let sit 20 minutes.

2. Heat oven to 350F. Cover pudding with foil. Bake 40-50 minutes or until pudding is set.

3. For simple syrup, combine limoncello and sugar in a small pan. Bring to boil, stirring, to dissolve sugar. Drizzle over bread pudding.

Recipe note: Can be served warm or cold with or without ice cream.

Enjoy!

~ame


Oh and thank you guys for all your kind comments the last few weeks. You rock and I appreciate y'all so much!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home