Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Petty much?

Y'all I am twerked.

I wish I could say I was surprised but I am not.

First of all I just finished removing every 'friend' on Facebook that we used to go to church with. Only one - yes one - person sent condolences to Kevin and I and she did so on Facebook and snail mailed a card as well. All the others? Those that wear their 'Christianity' on their sleeve: nothing. Those that always throw in 'I love you' when they meet someone. Nothing. And that they didn't offer up one kind word peeves me to no end.

It really is no big deal. Those people never commented on anything I posted anyways - so it is no big loss.

I won't even get into my work. But suffice it to say - the people that should have asked how I was today coming off of funeral leave....didn't. I received a nice card from the cashiers - but from anyone else? Nothing.

I know I shouldn't be keeping score. I just know I have always treated others the way I would want to be treated. I have made food, purchased and circulated cards etc. ad nauseum whenever someone has something bad happening in their world. But for me? Nothing.

This should be telling me something - and trust me - it is.

~ame

4 comments:

April, I am so sorry. It does hurt when you are kind to people and when you are in need of some kindness...nothing.

Oh dearie I'm so sorry. I ended up writing a similar post when my mom passed. I got condolence messages on the face, from Mafia Wars players all over the world that I've never laid eyes on except online, but my mom's cousins who claimed to be so close to her, bubkis!
I'm really so sorry that you are going through this.

It's sad how often things like that happen. Just don't let it affect your generous and kind spirit.

I am just catching up on your blog and want to express my condolences on your loss. It is never ever easy to say goodbye even though we know we will see our loved ones again one day. As far as your butt story, my brother-in-law did the same thing to my mother thinking he was pinching his wife's butt. He was embarrassed, but we all had a good laugh.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home