Saturday, May 2, 2009

Puppies vs. Spawn

Max in the morning.

There are inherent benefits of puppies versus children. Let's discuss:

Puppies are happy with the same meal, day after day, year after year. Kids, not so much.

Puppies don't generate laundry. Kids, not so much.

Puppies don't need new clothes or shoes. Kids, not so much.

Puppies wag their little tails when I get home. Kids, not so much.


Puppies are always happy to go somewhere with me. Kids, not so much.

Puppies never give me lip, sarcasm or excuses. Kids, not so much.

Puppies give me puppy kisses everyday. Kids, not so much.

I don't have to worry about who the puppies are hanging out with. Kids, not so much.

The puppies have never had a car accident. Kids, not so much.

When I yell at the puppies, I don't have to worry they will grow up to be on Dr. Phil or Oprah lamenting what a bad mother I am. Kids, not so much.

The puppies have never played Rock Band when I was taking a nice afternoon nap. Kids, not so much.

The puppy defense rests.

On a side note and to finish the Sleep Number bed story; we were told that we would receive the dreaded Denial of Credit letter explaining why we can purchase a second home but not a sleep number bed. That letter never arrived but today we did get a letter congratulating us. Seems they did approve us for credit and all we have to do is call them to activate it. Maybe my trashing of them on this blog, and Sleep Number visiting this blog (not once but twice) to see my complaints, maybe they changed their minds. Yeah right. I can just see the suits now, "Hey Bob, can you pull all the credit apps for Clearwater and see if you have a Mr. and Mrs. Ohtobe." Maybe they even printed our picture and sent it the store to ID us. Yeah right.

But it is nice to think that the power of the keyboard won out.

Yeah right.



~ame

2 comments:

Well that puppy is pretty darn cute! I can see your bias.

Oh my gosh - two Scribbit visits! If I only knew I would have cleaned up the place! Or posted better stuff! ;)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home