Friday, June 12, 2009

A little of this, that and the other...

To quote one of my most favorite 'net women, Ree over at the HotFessional, "Oh mah holy hell, y'all." That about sums up my day and I have been in a foul, foul mood. I swore earlier if I saw a Little Debbie Snack Truck on the way home I was going to stick it up for Twinkies and Ding Dongs - look for me on the 6 o'clock news either that or I am moving to Oregon. Anywho:

The this:
I have been sick for the past week. If truth be told I have been sick for about 6 months. It has a little bit to do with my fasting sugar level and the fact that Babe Ruth's batting average is pretty darn close to my fasting number. Yeah, I know. I was doing so good too, for a while. With my sugar being so high it makes it so much easier to get sick and now I have not one but two infections, one bacterial and one viral. Just to give you an idea and put it all in perspective: my WBC was 2,200 points higher than what Mom's was and she was dying of two types of cancer. Yeah, I know. Bad, bad Mrs. Oh.


The that:
I always try to find the humor in things and especially proof of God's sense of humor in my life. Diabetes is one of those humorous things. Why couldn't I have a disease that said I couldn't ever eat steak again. I would be fine with that. Or heck, even never eat any meat again, ever. No problemo. I could easily be a vegetarian without complaint. But take away carbs...there is the problem. No rice, pasta, bread, flour, sugar, Coke or Twinkies? Oh and potatoes! Yeah, God has some sense of humor there. I plan on having a little chat with him about this when I get upstairs. I am sure he is looking forward to our little meeting.



The other:
The upshot of having a fasting sugar the equivalent of a perfect bowling game is that I have lost 8 pounds since my last doctor's appointment. Tobey has several doctor appointments set up because he has some funky thing going on with his hip/spine. and because he can't have an MRI they are having to do a variety of other tests to diagnose the problem.

It appears that this blog has a new base target for the geriatric or infirmed. I promise to do better tomorrow. Once I get a &%$&^# Twinkie!


~ame

3 comments:

*hugs* We knew something was wrong when you rejected the Bichons.

Yeah the only way that would have interested me at the time was if they were cream filled!

Step away from the twinkie ma'am. We don't want to have an "incident."

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home