Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July




Thank you for the well wishes. I am doing much better today and was able to get up and around a bit. Armed with my arsenal of pain medication and my tens unit, we headed down to Coachman Park to catch the annual fireworks show.







The fireworks were as beautiful as always and loud. Since we arrived a bit early and since I had a coupon....yes...we stopped off at the Dunkin/Baskin Robbins and had dessert. In my diabetic defense, I had one soft serve ice cream cone. Barbie ordered one but couldn't eat her cone and gave it to Tobey who had already scarfed down a few donuts. I think I read in my diabetic handbook that ice cream was ok as long as it was soft serve. Something about the sugars being soft and all and not like normal hard ice cream chock full of non-soft sugars. I am sure that is some chemical do-hicky in play that makes all of this true and if not, well I just made it up because I had a coupon!


Mmmm, doesn't that look good? Tobey, not the donut sillies. I am a diabetic after all!

Happy 4th of July to all!

And today's fasting BS is brought to you by the number 150 - the lowest yet!

~ame

2 comments:

Hey! Your poem was AWESOME! ;-)

Awww thanks - I have always been partial to Poe!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home