Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Way back Wednesday: My Grandmother


June and Ro

I absolutely love this photograph of my grandmother and her sister Rosella. My grandmother is the one seated. I love the stark contrast of their white dresses against the dark backdrop and I can imagine how soft the fabric must have been. What I really love about this picture is the ring my grandmother is wearing. That ring sits in my jewelry box as she gave it to me when I was about the same age she was in this picture. She told me it was not a ring to wear everyday, it was a cocktail ring. Of course I had no idea what that was at the time and I can honestly say I have never even worn it. But that doesn't lessen its importance to me.

Another thing I noticed while preparing this post was my grandmother's eyes. The same eyes as my father and me and the same eyes as my boys. All blue. All the same shape. I like that we all share this one little trait, handed down from generation to generation and hopefully onward from here.


~ame

8 comments:

Wow! Beautiful picture. It's amazing how much you resemble your grandmother. Especially in the eyes, nose and mouth.

In the words of Mr. Ohtobe. "Awesome."

That comment was so superior! *snort laff*

I've never seen this before - it's fantastic!

Is it on the CD of family photos that you made for us?

Nope - I got this and those ones of Dad as a teen last year at Grandma's funeral from Uncle Jerry.

Ro & Matt - sharing some major DNA!

And Porkchop too!

She's beautiful. And obviously passed down lots of genes. ;-)

Obviously Ree has not seen pictures of me! ;)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home