Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Recipe: Egg Custard

Tobey loves custard. Egg Custard. Coconutty Custard. Spanish Custard, er Flan. Bread Custard Pudding. Creme Brulee. Quiche. Tobey loves the egg products. The man doesn't like coffee or chocolate but give him an egg and he is all over it. So in honor of my most wonderful hubby, I give you my recipe for Egg Custard which seems to be a pretty standard recipe.

Egg Custard

The cast:
4 eggs
1/2 stick melted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup a.p. flour
2 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt butter. Add sugar and eggs and whisk batter is smooth. Add flour and whisk again. Add in milk, one cup at a time and whisk. Add vanilla and whisk some more. Pour into ungreased pyrex pie pan. Is it a pan if it is Pyrex? Anywho, bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.

Let cool before serving and/or refrigerate. Serve with whip creme or if you are feeling decadent try drizzling some caramel on top.






On a side note from yesterday's post: Christmas is coming folks and it will be here before we know it. I am planning (and don't hold me to it) on doing a recipe post the first week of December with ALL of my Christmas cookie recipes in it. I am going to post it in a downloadable PDF file but again: don't hold me to it but that is my plan.

~ame

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home