Friday, January 8, 2010

Welcome to Hollywood....

On Friday I had to run to the bank to get change for the cashiers. And you know that opening scene in Pretty Woman:

“Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream? Everybody comes here; this is Hollywood, land of dreams. Some dreams come true, some don't; but keep on dreamin' - this is Hollywood. Always time to dream, so keep on dreamin.”

So I was walking in downtown Clearwater and out of the blue I hear this voice which so reminded me of the voice from Pretty Woman – except this voice wasn’t extolling the virtues of keeping your dreams alive so you can go from being a call girl to marrying a millionaire. Nope.

Now I was feeling pretty good. Sorta frisky, if you will. As frisky as a 43 year old, fat, mom of 5 can feel anyway. I had my boots on and I left my hair down that day and man I was….frisky. I even tucked shirt into my jeans and had a belt on! And there I was bopping down the side walk when I hear someone say to me: “2010 is going to be the worse year of your life!”

Wha-huh?

I look around and this guy is behind me repeating what I obviously heard correctly the first time around. At first I dismissed him as homeless but he had a handful of mail and then got into a parked car after he repeated his wisdom to me a second time. I thought he might have been on his cell phone but nope. He was speaking to me.

Great.

Obviously he isn't aware of how I am. Now for the next 357 days I am going to be waiting. Waiting for something terrible to happen. He couldn't have told me I was going to have a bad day or a bad week. Or even a bad month. Oh no. This is going to be the worst year of my life. Sorry bub - already had that a few years ago and I can't think of anything happening that can be worse than 2005. What can be worse than 2005? I shudder to think of the possibilities.

But you know me, now I am going to be looking for it. Waiting. For the worst. Like I needed this added pressure to screw up the year! Thanks a lot sidewalk prophet man and a Happy New Year to you too.

~ame

1 comments:

I think life's what you make it, it'll only be horrible it you let it be. And cant let some homeless guy predict your future obviously he was referring to his own life, he's not so well off if he's yelling at strangers on the street and is homeless. You could be him, thank god your not. You should live happily just for that reason.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home