Thursday, February 25, 2010

Braised Pork Chops

Ok - I'll let you in on a little secret....

Come closer....

I stole this one. From Martha.

Not Little Martha but Big Martha herself. Actually from some woman who was on Martha but anyways...I don't think she will mind. Or find me.

I use boneless center cut pork chops for this one. It is just how I roll these days.

In a large frying pan heat up 2 tbsps of oil and brown those little chops on all sides.

Now in a separate bowl mix:
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsps brown sugar
1 tbsp Worchestyshire or Soy Sauce - and yes that is spelled correctly....not.
1 tsp garlic salt
1/3 cup of water

Whisk that bad boy up but good and pour over your chops. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour. No peeking. I'll know if you peeked. So don't.

After 1 hour take out the chops and place them in your serving dish. Raise the heat to medium/high and cook remaining sauce until it reduces and thickens. Pour the sauce over the chops and serve.

~ame

2 comments:

I do so love your recipes! I just might make this one tonight. I love me some pork chops!

Awww thank you Joann! It is my mission to fatten up the world!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home