Monday, February 8, 2010

Paging Duluth...

Mrs Oh on the Canal in Duluth, MN - July 2009


It seems since our trip to Duluth this past summer I have been in a funk. I found this great site that shows 3 web cam views of the city and I always have it running in the background while at work.

I find myself missing that city. I don't know if it is the Lake or just the memories because Duluth today surely is not the Duluth I remember. But I have enjoyed watching the seasons change and the snow fall via the web cam. I miss the snow so very much. The cold - that I don't miss. But the snow...ah, the snow.

It doesn't help either seeing all the commercials for the Vancouver Olympics. Every single one shows someone on ice and I have always loved the sounds a pair of sharp blades make against the ice. And that reminds me of early morning ice skating while it was still dark outside and the snow was still falling. I miss ice skating. Not that I could or would skate now but still - I miss it.

I would move back there to Duluth in a second. Tobey - not so much. I think he hates the thought of snow as much as I love it. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I could happily live along the North Shore and enjoy the views of Lake Superior for the rest of my life.

Now don't get me wrong. We have beautiful views here. The beach. The palm trees.


It just isn't snow.

~ame


4 comments:

I am the opposite. This Chicago girl is a complete Florida transplant. I officially hate the cold. And this cold snap we're having AGAIN is paining me.

One of the last times we were visiting Chicago in March, there was a vicious cold snap. I was all ready to burrow down and stay warm inside, but having never seen Chicago, my husband wanted me to take him sightseeing. It was so cold, I cried, big sobbing tears. I do so hate the cold.

Girl you should have been all over sightseeing! My grandparents lived in Elmhurst and I have such fond memories of the Field Museum, the Shedd Aquarium and the planetarium....you Floridian you! ;)

Here its kinda moderate, we had a lot of snow recently and we get mild summers. I like it as I live on the seafront.

In the Congo it's hot and humid.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home