Thursday, September 16, 2010

Stormtroopers!

There are certain blogs that are must reads for me - Cheri over at I am Momma Hear Me Roar is one of those blogs. Cheri has a great tutorial on freezer paper stencils so I thought I would try my hand at it.

After downloading a graphic I thought Chewie would like - Max and I traced it out on the freezer paper and then cut out the appropriate areas. If I am honest here - this is my second design. I made a shirt for the church and it turned out great, but my intention was to making at least 10 shirts. Um. Yeah. No Way. The lettering was a booger to cut out and my advice is simple: get an x-acto knife if you don't have a Cricut or Silhouette (hint, hint Tobey). I couldn't find our x-acto and cut out the church stencil with a razor blade. I looked like Sweeney Todd was cranking out some meat pies from my fingers afterwards.

I then painted 5 coats onto the stencil and waited for it to dry. Chewie wore his shirt to school today and said he received a ton of comments about it. I am just proud that he loved it enough to actually wear it to school. So stop over at Cheri's and get inspired - she rocks!

~ame

5 comments:

Way to go! That looks awesome. Thank you so much for sharing this with me!

Cheri

got here from Cheri's. You did a great job! Was the template free? Can you say where you got it? I have a mega-Legohead here who would LOVE me to make one of those.

love, love, love this shirt!

Jenny - I have had a few requests for that graphix. I am going to see if I saved it so....email me @ mrs.ohtobe@verizon.net and if I find it I can send it to you.

Thanks,
April

I used the image from : http://blog.newsarama.com/2006/08/25/completely-random-how-to-draw-lego-star-wars/

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home