Monday, December 27, 2010

Da Boxes

A few weeks ago I saw this wonderful post over at Scribbit's where she made a beautiful woodburned box like those sold on Sixth & Elm. I loved the idea so much I borrowed the idea to make the kids some for Christmas.


My first attempt was the Hogwarts box for Butter.

Once I was more comfortable with the woodburner which I hadn't woodburnt anything since
middle school art class....I branched out to this box for Frodo.


Being more comfortable I burnt all the side of the box as well.

And added a little personalization inside.

And yes - poor Frodo can read the inscription in Elvish!

I am so happy with the way they turned out and hope the kids loved them as much as I loved making them.
~ame








4 comments:

I am impressed! How long did it take you to do all that work? You might want to consider this as a second career. I suppose $2.00/hr. is not very appealing for pay, right? Sounds like us and wedding photography. We could have made more working at McDonalds.

Getting the design on the box and first trying to figure out what the design would be is what took so long. Once that was done I think the woodburning part only took a few hours to do for each one.

Wow! Those are fantastic!

WOWWWW!!! I must try something, something with my woodburner. I know it won't look quite that good, but... I'm inspired.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home