Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My bucket list...


I have so many items on my proverbial bucket list that I know I will never get to do. And I am okay with that - sometimes just the thought is enough. However, one item on my list got ticked off today. Last night Tobey asked me how much I would pay to see Andrea Bocelli in concert. My reply was an immediate, "$8,000." Because going to Lajatico and seeing him perform there ranks right up there with climbing the Eiffel Tower for me and I figure 8k would get me there and back and put me up in a nice Italian hotel.


I hope Andrea wasn't driving that little Vespa....


Needless to say Tobey thinks I am insane which is a running theme in our marriage. He then informed me that Andrea (and yes Andrea and I are on a first name basis) will be having a concert in Tampa. "Er. No he isn't," I argued back. "Andrea is playing Central Park in the fall and he isn't coming anywhere near here," I countered with. Not like when he played Orlanda two years ago and no one loved me enough to cough up the $500 per ticket I needed to go see him then. Nope. He isn't coming here!

I know this because I subscribe to his newsletter and am a Facebook fan of his page and no one told ME that he is coming HERE. *gasp* I just knew Tobey was pulling my leg. So first thing this morning I checked his website and he IS coming here on December 4th. At 7:30 p.m. and tickets went on sale yesterday. Yesterday folks! What if they already sold out?! Now while I am let down that Andrea and I have had a failure to communicate - I am thrilled my husband pays attention and he knew before I did about the concert. And purchased tickets. On the main floor. Just so I could tick on more item off my bucket list.

I say I am a pretty lucky girl with a wonderful husband who is going to sit through a concert he isn't going to enjoy or understand (because it will be in Italian) just because he loves me. Lucky is an understatement.

~ame

5 comments:

True love! Way to go, Tobey. While this is such a wonderful surprise, how are you going to stand the wait until December?

Sadie from BBPland

I know Sadie! I think now until then is going to be like the day before Christmas - for the rest of the year!!

Oh, you are a lucky girl! How are you ever going to wait that long though?! That would drive me crazy!

I had to visit after your "One Balled Pete" comment on June's blog. I am still giggling like a 12 year old about it.

OMG! What a wonderful surprise. I would love to see him in concert, but I don't think I would be buying $500 tickets in retirement.

Oh how great! That is really exciting. My mom loves him too. Don't think I could swing 1000 for tickets (wouldn't want her to go alone). What a lucky girl you are that he listens to you!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home