Saturday, July 16, 2011

Butterbeer Type Eclair things

To celebrate losing nine pounds I decided to make some eclairs using my choux pastry recipe from years gone by. My little puffs looked so lovely in the oven but for some reason they fell a little flat after I took them out.

Not to be outdone by a little flat dough I decided to spread some Whoopie Pie cream between two pastries and top it off with some leftover Butterbeer icing from Amy Bites Butterbeer Cupcake recipe . To. Die. For.

Here is the Whoopie Pie filling recipe that I saw in last week's Parade magazine. Barbie had stopped by and wasn't all that impressed with the ingredients but it pretty much is a frosting recipe with fluff and sometimes you just can't count calories. This is one of those times.

Whoopie Pie Filling

1 1/2 cups of Marshmallow Fluff
1 1/2 cups of solid vegetable shortening
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Beat the fluff and shortening together then add in sugar and vanilla. Beat until it appreciates you or until fluffy. I didn't get out the Kitchen Aid for this one and just beat it by hand and it turned out just fine with less clean up!

Enjoy!

~ame

P.S. Baby went to the vet yesterday. I can't talk about it right now. She is old and nearing her time. Probably in the next few weeks or so. There is a Animal Hospice group that can come to your home to euthanize them which is what we will do. I want her feeling safe and stress free. Done. Crying. Out.

4 comments:

I am so sorry about your Baby. I feel your pain. When I found out that my Oscar Snuggles had kidney disease I prayed so hard that I would not have to have him put down. I had been through that with another cat. He was killed out on our road. I didn't want that either, I just wanted him to go peacefully to sleep and not wake up. This makes me cry. Our fur babies leave paw prints on our hearts.

(((hugs))) from a lurker.

One of the hardest things to do, I'm sorry for you.

Oh...I'm so sorry about Babygirl.

Having to put Lu down was THE hardest thing I've ever done.

It's nice (if something like that can be nice) that they will come to your house.

Now I'm crying...hug her from us!!

I, too, am so very sorry about Baby. Saying goodbye is the hardest thing we have to do. Sending hugs.
Sadie

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home