Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Craft Nights

Tuesdays for the past month or so have become Craft Nights at Chez Mrs. Ohtobe's place. Tonight Tobey treated us gals to some delicious pastries from the Mexican bakery down the road.


This SnowGal was the proto-type I made for my friend Gail at work. Gail wanted to make sure I shared her with you guys on the blogosphere. I think the SnowGal turned out pretty cute and I love the little silver kitchen utensils that I found at Joann Fabrics and I am so glad Gail loves her.


Here is my SnowGal on the tree I have in the kitchen. I totally love her and am sending one to Lil Martha for her kitchen tree as well.


Here is a view of the front of the china cabinet. Mom's Santa and Sleigh is on the middle shelf and I tucked in a few little Christmas things here and there as well as I tied red ribbons around my Great Grand's Danish tea set like I do every year.



My nutcrackers were relegated to the top of the china cabinet this year as Buttercup complained about all the creepy nutcrackers staring at her. Unfortunately I could only put up about half of my collection. I also moved the stockings to the cabinet as well because now all the boys are grown up - folks complained about the stockings hitting them in the head every time they had to go to the kitchen or into the spare bath. They really didn't like it as it got closer to Christmas and I started tossing Terry's Oranges into them.


Mom's elephant tree has really filled out. So much so I told Tobey I really need to get a bigger tree for all the elephant ornaments. I also made the little elephant topper which for the life of me I can't get to sit straight. I think Mom would have loved it.



Instead of putting up Mom's Christmas village - this year I put the U-Paint houses I have painted over the years up instead. It makes me feel somewhat talented when people find out that I painted all those houses myself and everyone ohhhhhs and awwwwws over them.

So that is it for now. I'll do some pictures of the tree later on in the week.


Have you got all your decorations up yet? And I won't even ask if your Christmas shopping is done!


~ame


0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home