Sunday, February 12, 2012

I will always love ya Whitney girl

So tonight is the Bocelli concert and Whitney Houston is dead.

Tobey and I will be heading out later this afternoon to catch some dinner before the concert.....

Yeah.

Right now I am sitting in bed with all three dogs watching all the coverage of Whitney's passing. All the speculation. All the montages. And I am all teary eyed.

Her first album - and I think her best - I played that tape to death - doing my best version of singing in my car at the top of my lungs.

December 1992 The Bodyguard came out. I was pregnant with the twins. I remember my ob/gyn told me not to get too excited at the movie as I was very pregnant with the twins at the time. Of course that was back when I thought Kevin Costner was da bomb.

I remember the day Elvis died. I was never a fan. Still not. My parents were at their bowling league and I came running down the stairs to tell Mom that Elvis died. I'm sort of feeling that way right now. Like Mom felt when Elvis died.

I truly hope she didn't die of anything drug related. I know the odds are against that. But do we really need one more legend silenced due to them not being able to conquer their demons? In recent memory there is Heath, Michael and Amy and now Whitney.

And finally - while everyone is having fun with all the Whitney jokes and I get that. Even if she did die of an overdose....there isn't a single one of us that doesn't battle our own demons every day. Our demons may not be as severe as drug use - maybe our demons are something as simple as wanting to be a better person. But we all have them and I am so not willing to cast that stone if you know what I mean.

So Godspeed Whitney. Prayers to your daughter and family because your death will always, always be with them.

~ames

1 comments:

She was so talented and too young to die.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home