Thursday, February 26, 2009

Grrr...

Do you see the time? It is 4 a.m. and I have done everything humanly possible to sleep but I can't. Oh sure, the first night Ohtobe is gone I slept like a baby, if you call going to bed at 2 a.m. a good thing. And now I can't sleep at all. At. All.

Maybe it is because I really want a dang cigarette. And when I say dang, I really mean damn. So here I am, it is 4 a.m., I am sitting in bed typing and chewing gum because all I really want is a $^%&^@ cigarette. And when I say $^%&^@ , I really mean it! And no, the gum isn't nicorette because that stuff is gross and man I really want a $^%&^@ cigarette. If you are wondering, yes, I am twitching at this moment.

I read somewhere that the key to quitting smoking is not looking at the long term goal but just getting through wanting that next fix. Don't look at not smoking for the rest of my life, just get through the next five minutes without lighting up. Well, thank you Dr. Phil but I can't light up because I have nothing to smoke....unless I roll Max up in some notebook paper....naw...that won't work will it? Be right back....

Yeah well, not that I tried but his butt is way too fuzzy and wide for the 8x10 college rule stuff...anywho. So now it is 4:15 in the a.m. and this is almost becoming Hitchcockian: pan wide and left.

And no I don't want to restart my computer so I can get some updates I don't really need. I could write an entire post on that subject.

And no I wasn't just going through the coats in the closet looking for a lost pack of stale cigarettes. I really wasn't. Ok, I was but it isn't like I would have smoked one if I found one....

And while I am ranting: what is up with "kids these days?" Per my last post, Simba comments about not knowing what 'kodachrome' is. So I go to lament this fact to Frodo and Buttercup and they look at my like I am speaking Klingon. They don't know what it is either. Cue up the music and they still don't get it. Here I thought Simon and Garfunkle would live forever but alas, no.

Wow, 4:30 in the a.m. now. Where does the time go. Thirty minutes just flew right by and I have to be to work in 4 hours.

And I still can't sleep.

And I want a cigarette still.

And I am humming: When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school...blah blah...summer day, oh yeah...I got a Nikon camera...Kodachrommmmmmmeeeeeee

~ame

3 comments:

Okay, now that I get to see all of the lyrics written out, I now realize that I should have looked the lyrics up to that song before. I, in fact, know the song, but I never knew the name, nor most of the lyrics. I've been singing it all wrong all these years.

Sure ;)

I hate not being able to sleep. I laughed really hard when you made the comment about max and paper ahahaha. oh man...

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home