Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Vidalia Onion Dip

I wanted to do a recipe once a week. This one is from my wonderful sister-in-law Lil’ Martha, as in all-the-Martha-Stewart-talent-just-none-of-that-pesky-money-stuff-that-goes-along-with-being-the-Martha.

Lil' Martha and my younger brother Matt Damon will celebrate their 20th Anniversary this coming November. They have a sweetie-pie of a daughter named Pork Chop and a menagerie of animals and get this….they bought a house…right across the street from Lil’s Martha’s parents. For a while we were calling them the Barone’s from Everybody Loves Raymond, but since her parents are so NOT like Frank and Marie (and Lil’ Martha’s mom is a Martha in her own right) it just didn’t seem to do them justice. So Lil’ Martha and Matt will have to do.

Just to let you know how wonderful they are: Lil’ Martha did all the photography for Frodo and Buttercup’s wedding and the pictures turned out so good I am sure she is updating her Martha resume as I speak type. Matt was a balloon god I tell ya. I had no idea the things you could do with balloons. He was a decorating whiz and we called him Frankh (Martin Short from Father of the Bride) the whole weekend long. If ever there was just one person I could point to in my life that makes me snort laugh it is Matt. Love you guys!

So without any further ado, may I present to you:

Vidalia Onion Dip

2 cups of mayo or Miracle Whip
1 oz package of Italian Cheese Blend
2 cps coarsely chopped Vidalia onion (or any sweet onion)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.


Mix all ingredients until well blended. Spread into an 8-inch square-baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and yummy. Cool slightly and serve with crackers or toasted bruschetta.


~ame

2 comments:

Aww!

We made the big-time. :)

Well don't you go charging me now for your recipes!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home