Thursday, April 23, 2009

Coconut Rum Cake


Now you are probably thinking since this is Recipe Thursday that I won't even mention the upcoming Clay Walker concert. You would be wrong because I would be remiss if I didn't mention that yesterday we got our tickets. Our VIP tickets. In row ONE. I can't tell you how excited Tobey is over this, he is probably more excited than I am...well maybe just a touch less than me.

So now on to the recipe. This is a Rum Cake recipe I received from a gal I used to work with in Georgia and I doctored it a bit. If you love coconut, this is the recipe for you. I am going to give you the original recipe and my doctored version will be in parenthesis.

Rum Cake
1 box Duncan Hines Yellow Cake with pudding (or Coconut Supreme)
Add: 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of oil and beat in 4 eggs, one at a time. Add in 1/4 cup of rum (or coconut rum).

Pour into a prepared Bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees for one hour.

Glaze
In small pot mix 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup butter and bring to a boil. Add 1/4 rum (or coconut rum) and cook until sugars are melted, about 5 minutes. Pole holes in cake and brush glaze on while cake is still warm.

I brush a little of the glaze on and I recently bought an injector and I fill the cake with the rum glaze. This cake is simply to die for good.

Enjoy!
~ame

4 comments:

I think I gained five pounds just reading the recipe!

hehe but it is soooo good!

I'm liking the upgrade :)

Thought you would - get you a piece of that cake, go out to the club...yell broccoli a few times and you are set!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home