Thursday, June 4, 2009

Nana Ohtobe's Strawberry Jello


This recipe is courtesy of Tobey's Mom and is a great potluck staple and has been a hit at all of our church functions. I am sure it has an official name other than 'strawberry jello' because it is so much more than your average cold jello salad but I have no idea what the name for it might be.

Nana's Strawberry Jello

3 3 ounce pkgs of strawberry jello
3 cups boiling water
1 10 ounce pkg frozen strawberries
1 8 oz. can of crushed pineapple

Dissolve jello in boiling water and then add in the fruit. Refrigerate until firm.

Topping:
1 pkg cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 pint sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Spread on top of jello. Refrigerate for 1 hour and then serve.

I know what you are thinking: ugh, I don't need another jello recipe. But trust me, this stuff is so dang good you won't want to share.

~ame

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home