Friday, December 11, 2009

The Pickle-Man and the Cat

On Wednesday night there was a knock at the door. The Pickle-man and his Dad stopped by the house with a present. Now Chewie and Nappy have been friends with Dylan the Pickle-Man since elementary school and it seems since high school began we just don't see enough of Dylan. But I digress.

Long story short: Dylan and his Dad brought over this:


They told a tale of feline woe. It seems their yard is a haven for homeless cats and this time one cat had 5 kittens. Times being what they are the mother cat decided to leave Clearwater - probably due to the high tax structure or high utility bills (take your pick). But when she left she took all but this little kitty.

Dylan and his Dad said they would keep the kitty but they are allergic. Come to find out just now: so am I. I think I just need to get used to her. And buy more allergy eyedrops.


So Butter has been talking about getting a kitty and voila a kitty is literally delivered to our doorstep. Isn't she just the sweetest little thing?


I love those little stripes on her arms and she also has them on her legs. Did I mention how sweet she is?


She is just so tiny right now and is just a hair bigger than the palm of my hand. But look at those beautiful blue eyes!

Yeah, I think she will fit in just fine around here. She has already stolen Tobey's heart and he was generous enough to agree that we could keep her if: this was my (late) anniversary and Christmas present, he didn't have to put up the outside Christmas lights this year and we would skip the Clay Walker concert in March.

I agreed. I think it was a fair trade.

~ame

2 comments:

You traded Lacy for a CAT? I'm not telling her.

There was no trading - Lacy was dognapped! I still have the proof of life photo at my desk!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home