Friday, March 19, 2010

Now don't get me wrong here but...

I read the other day that Reese Witherspoon is supposedly going to play Ree Drummond from thepioneerwoman.com in a new romantic comedy based on her life: Ree's that is and not Reese's. I have no idea why that grates me - but it does. I have been reading PW for about two years now and while I know she has a bajillion readers - I like to think I am the only one despite the cookbook tour, talk show appearances, me never winning a single contest and the such.





Maybe I am just worried she is going to change. I don't know why, I just don't like this whole movie thing. Of course we had to discuss who was going to play Mrs. Oh when my movie comes out and I threw my suggestions of Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie. Butter says Jennifer doesn't have my hair and I say Angelina is way more witchier than I am. Somehow I think my family thinks that I have Angelina beat on the witch factor but that just can't be so.




And then last night...as we discussed PW and Angelina over hash browns at the Denny's, Butter dropped a bombshell. We were discussing Disney movies and Butter isn't a fan of Beauty and the Beast! *gasp* How could she not be, what with it starring the voice of Robby Benson and all? The Robby Benson who graced the cover of many a Tiger Beat magazine cover. Ice Castles Robby Benson. One on One Robby Benson. THE Robby Benson.



To make things worse I was enlightened a few weeks ago to the fact that Butter has not seen and has no desire to ever see Bridget Jones Diary... and now Robby. What is this world coming to?

~ame

4 comments:

Thats shocking! What could be wrong with B & the B?

I gotta say...Bridget Jones never appealed to me either.

Oh, I adored Bridget Jones, the book and the movie.

See, I'm on the other side of the Pioneer Fence. I think it will do nothing but shine a positive spotlight on the blog world. I also think that woman is a force of nature. Is there anything she's bad at?

I'm sorry, Mom, but I cannot tell a lie.

Honestly, I started to feel bad about the whole 'not knowing Robby Benson' thing, and then I looked him up. About 60% of his voice/front-of-camera work was released before I was born. Large chunks of the other 40% were either one-shots on shows or Disney work as the Beast.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home