Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Way Back Wednesday Whatever



Mom, Gage and Yeti - 2002

So the decision was made to walk away from the church and I find out tonight that the preacher has called me the devil. Which offended me to no end. Then Tobey says that wasn't the worst thing he called me. I guess I shouldn't be so offended because I know the other people that left he talked smack about them too, so I guess if I had to be lumped into a category, I am in good company because I know those other 'devils' are really good Christians. Much better than I could ever aspire to be. But whatevah.

So this has been a wonderful month so far. Kirk died. All the issues with She-who-shall-not-be-named happened and will remain unblogged about. And all this church stuff. To quote an English friend of mine, "I'm shattered." Mentally. Physically. Spiritually. Everythingally.

I really want...a do-over button on my life. Press pause and then rewind several decades and just start over. But whatevah. What I really need right now is my Mom. To sit on her couch again and put my head in her lap and have her rub my head and tell me everything is going to be okay. I was 37 the last time I laid my head on her lap like that and I believed her when she said things would be ok. I know better now.

So if you could pause and rewind...would you?

~ame

One more thing: I don't know if you read B or not, over at Queen B. She is in my blog list on the left - anyhow, her husband is very ill. Pray for them. Visit her and give her some encouragement.

2 comments:

I'm sorry for all your trouble. I hope the light finds you soon.

And by the way, my word verification is blessed. Maybe that's a sign for you.

Like I said before - do take care i am hoping you are all ok.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home