Sunday, June 27, 2010

Diversity

A camera in my hands is a dangerous thing but I think I got a few good pictures today to share with y'all. I don't know why there are so many dragonflies in the yard this afternoon maybe it makes up from there being hardly any lizards to photograph - seems the cold winter took care of that little problem.

This is my favorite shot of the day. I took several shots of this guy before he reared up in the pose you see above. Is it me or is he smiling? Papparazzi hound.

This little guy kept following me around and actually let me get in close for this picture. He was a brave little guy as Daisy the destructo dog was right by my side the whole time.

I liked that this guy had stuff stuck in his wings.

Same fellow as above but do you see what I see? His tail reminds me of the Leaning Tower of Piza. See it? It is amazing the diversity displayed in all these little creatures.

What I really loved was when the sun shown upon their wings they all looked like glass. What beautiful creatures.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
~ame

4 comments:

Great photos!

Thanks sweetie but I love your dragonfly shot better - those buggers just won't stay still for very long!

These are really cool shots. Thanks for sharing them, I really like dragonflies. I haven't seen any here for a few years now but fingers crossed they will come back. :)

Wow! I'm impressed. Looks like something you'd see in NatGeo

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home