Wednesday, February 23, 2011

O.M.G.

So I am back in the hospital.

Silly me and calling Dr. Hottie because I wasn't feeling good.

Trust me - that won't happen again.

Now I mentioned to everyone - the doctor and nurses when I was first released, my endo, my primary and then again my cardio - that my chest hurt when I was being discharged. No one seemed to care much. I was told some pain was to be expected and I assured folks it wasn't the same pain - yanno heart attack pain.

But as time has passed I have had little incidents that felt like mini heart attacks - chest pain, shortness of breath etc. And the day before yesterday I was very tempted to go to the ER but I was not wanting to see another $100,000 bill for one days services. Even on death's door I am coupon shopping eh...

So yesterday on my second day back to work I just didn't feel well again....and thinking that I couldn't get in to see my cardio doctor I called my primary care doctor instead. Both doctors practice at different hospitals with one being better than the other in my opinion. Big mistake. To quote Julia Roberts, "Big Mistake, HUGE!" To make a long story short I was admitted for another echocardiogram and possibly another heart cath. I can not express the utter joy I am feeling with regards to the latter and heck to the former as well.

Now I know you are wondering how my day progressed....

My appointment with Dr. Hottie was at 10:15 a.m.

I was wheeled into the ER at 11:00 a.m.

I was told I would be admitted and there were no beds at 12:30 p.m.

At 10:15 p.m. I was finally moved into my semi-unprivate room.

Which I share with this poor woman who is suffering from God knows what. But whatever it is - I have not slept a wink. The phlegmy deep coughs. The throwing up. The hollering out at 3:00 a.m. because of things you don't even want to know about. God. Bless. Her.

And Kill. Me. Now.

Please.

~ame

4 comments:

Ugh, Mrs Oh! Have you had your jello yet for breakfast? I hope you are able to break out of that place soon. Phlegmy cough, ick, ask for some happy pills to help you sleep. Or a private room might work. Are you at Morton Plant? That's where i was born. Many moons ago. Feel better soon Mrs Oh!

Enough already! PLEASE get well soon. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a healthy heart...and a private room. If not a private room, then a quiet roommate so you can get some sleep.

Take good care,
Sadie from BBPland

Oh, Mrs. Oh! I saw your comment over at BBP. By all means ask for some Ambien. It's a sleeping pill. It is WONDERFUL! You sleep like a log and awake refreshed.

I'll be praying for your health and soon release. I would think your own bedroom would be much better than a private room in a hospital.

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better real soon.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home