Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pete a.k.a The Contagion

Sir Petey-Pete



The last month or so Pete has been seeing the vet every two weeks due to a wax build-up in his ears. There are four vets in our clinic and Pete has been seen by them all now. During one of his visits it was mentioned to keep an eye on Pete's many scars - which we never gave much thought to in the past. The vet was concerned that they might not actually be scars but ringworm.




I dismissed that notion considering where and how we found Petey-Pete.




Well.




You see ringworm is highly contagious. And. It can be spread from your pets....to say... your other pets or you. Or in this case: me.





I had this itchy spot that I couldn't see all that well and low and behold it is the ring of the worm. Just because I don't have enough going on I took time out of my busy schedule to get a fungus. The joy.




They say no good deed goes unpunished. And rescuing Pete certainly has become a money pit. But...



Awww...ain't his little fungi-self cute...


~ame

1 comments:

As a child I caught ringworm from our dog. I can remember my Mom getting this horrible stuff from the drug store. It took a long time for it to go away.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home