Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cherry Pie

Cherries were on sale!




So I pitted 3 pounds of cherries and made my flaky pie crust.


And while it isn't the prettiest gal at the dance - it sure was delicious!


Home made Cherry Pie

3 pounds of cherries - pitted

1/2 cup of sugar

1/4 cup of flour

1/2 cup of water


2 pie crusts - if you are using my recipe: double it


In sauce pan add sugar, flour and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add cherries. If you want a nice red sauce, add in a few drops of red food coloring. Stir and let the cherries get all nice and warm - about 15 minutes.


Roll out your pie crust dough and place in pie pan - I roll mine on a pillow case for easier rolling and super-duper easy clean up (thanks to Tobey's Mom for that little trick). Pour in your cherry/sugar mixture and top the pie with the second pie crust.


Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 350 and bake an additional 35 minutes. I advise placing a cookie sheet underneath the pie pan just in case of spill overs.


Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!


~ame

8 comments:

YUM!! That looks so good. And pretty or not, that pie could totally get to second base with me.

Wait... that came out wrong.

That looks really good. I don't know if I could even pit that many cherries. There is a tool for that right?

ps. You should swing by my blog. I have a little surprise for you :)

Anita! Yay! WOOOHOOO!!! I'm a winner!!! Yippppppppppppe! You rock!!

lacrema - don't you go gettin' it on with MY pie ;)

And Anita yes they make a tool for depitting (unpitting? Pitting?) the cherries and I told Tobey we need to buy one. I tried the paperclip trick and that just didn't work either.

There is a paper clip trick? I think the tool is a must.

Do you know you are a "noreply". I can't email you back when you comment. I sent Uprinting your email that you have posted here. Let me know when you hear from them. Can't wait to see what you get done!

Too weird about the email thing. I'll keep an eye out from Uprint! I'm so excited!!

With the paperclip (you unfold it) and stick the pointy end in the cherry and swirl it around - flip the clip over to use the U shaped part and pull the pit out. More trouble than it is worth!

That looks delicious! Who cares what it looks like, how does it taste? Some of the worst looking cakes/pies I've ever made were the BEST tasting.

A, I finally published your comments over on my blog, except I managed to delete/reject your last comment with my above average technical skillz. When I tried to publish it the second time the commenter told me it didn't exist.

It was delish Tee!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home