Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cheese and Spinach Quiche

I thought I would share my recipe for the Spinach and Cheese quiche I made for Tobey's birthday breakfast.

Spinach & Cheese Quiche

1 pie crust in a 9 inch pie plate
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup Gruyere cheese - grated
Handful of french spinach - chopped
1/2 onion sauteed in a tablespoon of butter
Salt and Pepper to taste

Beat the eggs and milk until smooth. Add in remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Pour into pie shell and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.

My poor little oven is on it's last legs here and I had to bake mine a bit longer. You want to make sure the pie is firm and the eggs are barely starting to brown around the edges. Also I am going to make a few pie crusts and store them in the fridge so I can easily whip this quiche up for breakfast. I am going to sub out the cheese as well as my grater and a few socks from the dryer have apparently run off together. It is always the socks I tell ya. Ya can't trust them.

Because Barbie has moved back in and has laid claim to the office off the kitchen as her 'bedroom' I was unable to get the food processor out to grate my cheese for Tobey's birthday. And since I couldn't find the manual grater ingenuity had to kick in quickly. So I took the blade from the food processor and used that to grate the cheese up. And yes: it took forever!!

Memo to me: buy a new grater this weekend.

So go on and make this quiche. It is super simple to throw together and even if you buy a frozen pie crust it will turn out great and I won't tattle on ya! Let me know if your family loves it as much as mine did.

~ames

9 comments:

This sounds delicious. I'm going to try this. We have a friend for dinner every Thursday. It drives me crazy with I can't find something when I know I have one, but just stored it too well.

Thank you for your recipe because I love spinach quiche. I'll be making it soon, but I must confess that I always purchase a pie crust. I never learned to make my own.

Girl, where have you been? Are you ok?

Tee - I'm fine. Just having a daily dramafest here that has gotten me down of late. But there is light at the end of that tunnel! Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mr. Tee. Mr. T. Get it. I slay myself sometimes. ;)

Yeah, I got it. :-) Hope things will soon be better in your world. We are going to friends tomorrow for Thanksgiving. God gives us family so we know how to choose our friends. That's why we are going to friends. Way too much drama in my family, I can't handle it. I'm not cooking this year, except for a pound cake. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Is tonight the big concert or is it tomorrow night? I'll be thinking of you. Hope it is as wonderful as you expect it to be.

We've missed you at BBP.

TODAY is the concert you have been waiting for, right?!!!!! I expect a post out of this event.

I got your Mr. T reference. LOL!

How was the concert?!!

Tee is ranks up there as one of the greatest times of my life. Downloading pics now - will work on a post tomorrow. Got some bad phone video that I have to get a cable to download and will post that as well.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home