Saturday, January 7, 2012

More crafty stuff

If you don't know already that Buttercup is a huge Harry Potter fan - as am I. I had seen the book purses going around the netosphere and thought I would try my hand at making one.



I found the perfect fabric for the purse part at Joann's and it was so hard to keep this gift a secret. I thought it turned out great and Butter just loves it to pieces.


When Chewie's girlfriend came over during New Year's we showed her Butter's purse and she said she wanted one as well. So I made her one and this is the picture she posted on her Facebook. Strange though - she 'friended' me on Facebook and Chewie? Nope. Nappy? Nope.


Anyways - The boys had a box full of books to donate and I rescued a few I thought would make interesting purses. So I am now working on them for my Etsy store and I will post the link when I get them done.


And please keep Tobey's Dad in your prayers. He has been sick on and off for the last few years but since Mom passed away a year ago he seems to have lost his will to live. He has taken a turn for the worse and Hospice is on the scene. Dad is sleeping for the most part and told one of his grandsons at Christmas that he was ready to go to heaven and see Mom. *heartbreaking*


~ame

1 comments:

Oh I'm so sorry about your f-i-l. Those purses are really cute! A neat spin on that would be trashy novels. Like Harlequin books or Valley of the Dolls, Jackie Collins, etc.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home